Easy German Chocolate Donuts Recipe: Air Fryer German Chocolate Doughnuts Are the Bomb Diggity by 30Seconds Food
It's National German Chocolate Cake Day, but who says you have to eat cake? German. Chocolate. Donuts. Say that again. With coconut, pecans and chocolate, this easy air-fryer German chocolate doughnut recipe will obliterate those sweet cravings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 8 donuts
- 1 can jumbo refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
- 1 tub coconut pecan frosting
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup flaked coconut (toasted, if desired)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F. Separate the biscuits. Cut the center out of each biscuit. Spray the air fryer tray or basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place the doughnuts and doughnut holes onto the tray or in the basket (as many as you can fit at one time). Cook the donuts for 4 to 6 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- To toast the coconut, put the flaked coconut into a skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until light brown, about 4 minutes. To make it in the oven, spread the coconut on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool a few minutes. Spread the top with the coconut pecan icing.
- Sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
- Put the melted chocolate into a plastic food storage bag and cut off the tip (or put it into a condiment bottle). Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the donuts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Air Fryers $50 & Up
Coconut Pecan Frosting $3 & Up
Flaked Coconut $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Condiment Bottles $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.