Grandma's Chicken Pot Pie Noodles Recipe Is Pure Comfort Food by Donna John
Creamy and filling, this easy chicken pot pie noodles recipe is the perfect comfort food. The creamy chicken and noodles tastes like grandma made it! If you have leftover chicken or turkey, this is the perfect recipe, too.
For this chicken pot pie noodles recipe you will need cooked chopped chicken, egg noodles, butter, an onion, garlic, frozen mixed vegetables, flour, chicken broth, heavy cream and dry ranch seasoning. If you don't have leftover cooked chicken, read the Recipe Notes for suggestions. This easy chicken and noodles recipe is pure comfort food!
Spoon this easy chicken recipe into a bowl and grab a fork. Done. Then, if you can, hug your grandma.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 - 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I cooked four chicken breasts in a skillet then shredded)
- 1 bag (10 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag (10 to 12 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables or frozen peas and carrots (I used a mixed variety with peas, carrots, corn, lima beans and green beans)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (I used more noodles than called for so used 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch salad dressing mix or 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- Rotisserie chicken works great for this easy chicken recipe.
- If you don't have leftover chicken, season three to four chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook in olive oil until cooked through
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the egg noodles to al dente according to package directions.
- If you don't have leftover chicken, season 3 to 4 chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook in olive oil until cooked through. Cool and shred.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion, frozen vegetables and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook 1 minute more.
- Pour in the chicken broth, heavy cream and dry ranch dressing or bouillon granules. Bring to a low simmer and cook about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the sauce, egg noodles and chicken.
- Mix well and season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.