20-Minute One-Pan Creamy Mushroom Chicken Recipe: What Dinner Is All About by 30Seconds Food
Juicy chunks of chicken in a flavorful, creamy mushroom sauce is what dinner is all about. Why? Because this chicken dinner cooks in 15 minutes in one pan and tastes amazing.
Grab a pen for your shopping list for this easy mushroom chicken. You'll need boneless chicken breasts or thighs, garlic powder, dried Italian seasoning, butter or olive oil, fresh mushrooms, an onion, fresh garlic, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. (Bet you already have a lot of those ingredients already in your kitchen!).
If you don't like mushrooms, you leave them out! The chicken will still be creamy, flavorful and taste delicious. Serve this easy mushroom chicken recipe with pasta or rice to soak up the sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms and onion. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream and Parmesan. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes to thicken. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Put the chicken in the sauce and cook about 1 more minute. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve over rice or pasta.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Pasta $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.