Cinco de Mayo Recipes: An Easy Mole Chicken Enchiladas Recipe You Can Make in Less Than an Hour by 30Seconds Food
Mole is a classic Mexican sauce that usually contains a long list of ingredients like chiles, herbs, spices, sweeteners like chocolate, nuts and seeds. This easy mole chicken enchiladas recipe has a simplified mole sauce to make it easier for home cooks to recreate the dish in less time.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire roasted tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
Here's how to make it:
- To make the mole sauce, soak the ancho chiles in the hot water for about 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spread about a 1/2 cup of the mole sauce on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- To each tortilla, add some chicken, cheese and onion. Drizzle with a little mole sauce. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking pan.
- Pour the remaining mole over the enchiladas. Cover the enchiladas with foil and bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Dried Ancho Chiles $3 & Up
Fire Roasted Tomatoes $2 & Up
Creamy Peanut Butter $2 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Flour Tortillas $3 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.