Easy Mole Chicken Enchilada Recipe Is in Your Mouth in Less Than 1 Hour by 30Seconds Food
Mole is a classic Mexican sauce that usually contains a long list of ingredients like chiles, herbs, spices, sweeteners like chocolate, nuts and seeds. This easy mole chicken enchiladas recipe has a simplified mole sauce to make it easier for home cooks to recreate the dish in less time. The easy mole sauce enchiladas cook in 25 minutes.
These cheesy mole chicken enchiladas are wonderful served with cool, creamy guacamole or pico de gallo. You could substitute ground beef for the chicken, too, or just use cheese for a vegetarian enchilada.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
Here's how to make it:
- To make the mole sauce, soak the ancho chiles in the hot water for about 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spread about a 1/2 cup of the mole sauce on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- To each tortilla, add some chicken, cheese and onion. Drizzle with a little mole sauce. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking pan.
- Pour the remaining mole over the enchiladas. Cover the enchiladas with foil and bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Dried Ancho Chiles $3 & Up
Fire Roasted Tomatoes $2 & Up
Creamy Peanut Butter $2 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Flour Tortillas $3 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.