Easy Asian Barbecue Fusion Recipe: This Sweet & Savory Chicken Thighs Recipe Is Full of Unexpected Flavors by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
Love Asian food? Love barbecue, too? This Asian barbecue chicken thighs fusion recipe combines the best of both worlds in one simple dish.
Always in a hurry to make a healthy dinner during the week, I came up with this Asian barbecue recipe based on what was in my refrigerator ready to go. It turned out better than expected and is now a staple in our meal-planning rotation. It’s zesty, sweet and savory, full of unexpected flavors, and ready in just 30 minutes!
Cuisine: Asian and American Fusion
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce)
Here's how to make it:
- In a large sauté pan on low heat, add the olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and barbecue sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken chunks. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until chicken is cooked. The sauce will be even more delicious once the chicken juices have been included.
- Serve over rice. Add a few stir-fried or baked vegetables, if desired. (I used baked zucchini.)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Barbecue Sauce $1 & Up
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce $2 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.