Authentic British Scones Recipe: An Easy Scone Recipe Done English Style by 30Seconds Food
Only think of those triangle wedges covered with a glaze when you think of scones? While those scones are delicious, this is an authentic British scone recipe, which is round. Yes, round. Who knew?
The dough is simple: flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, milk and an egg. The ingredients are gently combined, rolled, cut and then baked to until golden and tender. Authentic British scones can be served with tea, as a snack or for breakfast or brunch. There's really no wrong time to eat a scone.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup half and half or milk
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter using your fingers or a pastry cutter.
- Combine the egg and milk in a bowl and mix well. Pour into the dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened.
- Put the dough on a floured work surface. Knead the dough a few times to bring it together.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter or free-hand to cut out circles. Put the circles onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.