Authentic British Scones Recipe: An Easy Scone Recipe Done English Style by 30Seconds Food
Only think of those triangle wedges covered with a glaze when you think of scones? While they are delicious, this is an authentic British scone recipe, which is round. Serve with clotted cream, whipped cream cheese or whipped cream and fruit or fruit preserves.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup half and half or milk
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter using your fingers or a pastry cutter.
- Combine the egg and milk in a bowl and mix well. Pour into the dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened.
- Put the dough on a floured work surface. Knead the dough a few times to bring it together.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter or free-hand to cut out circles. Put the circles onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Pastry Cutters $6 & Up
Rolling Pins $6 & Up
Biscuit Cutters $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.