Easy Spanakopita Recipes: This Spanakopita Recipe Will Be Your Favorite Spinach Pie by 30Seconds Food
Spanakopita is a Greek spinach pie that usually features feta cheese. This easy spanakopita recipes can be served as a vegetarian main course or as an appetizer or light lunch.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 2 boxes (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) phyllo dough (fillo dough)
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- For the filling, combine all the filling ingredients. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Oil a 13x9-inch baking pan with olive oil.
- Unroll the phyllo dough. Put two sheets into the bottom of the pan and brush with olive oil. Repeat this process until you use up 2/3 of the phyllo sheets.
- Spread the filling over the phyllo sheets.
- Continue layering two sheets and brushing with olive oil until all the phyllo sheets are used. Brush the top layer with olive oil.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into squares or triangles only going halfway through the spanakopita.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 1 hour, or until it is golden and crispy.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Pastry Brushes $6 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Phyllo Dough $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.