Japanese Soufflé Pancakes Recipe: This Easy Soufflé Pancake Recipe Takes Breakfast to New Heights by 30Seconds Food
Japanese soufflé pancakes are thick, light and fluffy because they are made like a soufflé – egg whites are gently folded in to create the airy batter. This easy Japanese soufflé pancake recipe is a welcome change from that flat pancake.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 8 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
Here's how to make them:
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Grease a large skillet with a lid and metal ring molds. Heat the skillet on low heat.
- Pour the batter into the molds to fill up about 2/3 full. Cover the skillet and cook the pancakes about 10 minutes or until center is still just a little loose.
- Release the ring molds and carefully flip the pancakes over. Cook about 5 more minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ring Molds $4 & Up
Skillets With Lids $10 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.