Chef Gordon Ramsay May Be Jealous of This Amazing Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Sticky toffee pudding originated in England, but it didn't take long for people all over to develop a taste for this sweet, sticky dessert recipe. This easy sticky toffee pudding recipe is moist and has a depth of flavors like no other.
It may not be Gordon Ramsay's famous recipe, but we bet your friends and family won't be able to tell the difference. One spoonful and you'll know why.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- To make the pudding, bring the water to a boil. Add the dates, turn the heat off and let them sit for 15 minutes. Put the mixture into a blender and puree.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until combined. Stir in the orange zest.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased individual ramekins. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the caramel sauce, heat all the ingredients in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes.
- To serve, unmold the cakes and pour the caramel sauce over the top. Vanilla ice cream would be a great addition, too.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ramekins $9 & Up
Dates $4 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Molasses $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Corn Syrup $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.