This 20-Minute Creamy Spinach Soup Recipe Is So Delicious, You'll Forget It's Packed With Nutritious Spinach by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 bags fresh spinach
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add the shallot and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth. Cook about 1 minute. Toss in the spinach and cook until it wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, broth and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until it begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.