Easy Omelet Recipes: This Salmon, Spinach & Red Pepper Mediterranean Omelet Scramble Is Made With Healthy Egg Whites by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
As part of a mostly Mediterranean and anti-inflammatory diet, I try to cook salmon a couple of times a week. That means I usually have some leftover salmon in the refrigerator, which is perfect to use in an omelet. Because we are trying to watch our cholesterol, I have been experimenting with egg whites instead of using whole eggs. The other day, I came up with an egg white omelet scramble recipe that my husband and I really enjoyed. With no cholesterol, the bonus is that it’s really healthy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 10 egg whites or a small carton of Egg Beaters (or other brand of pre-prepared egg whites)
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 package baby spinach
- 1/4 - 1/2 pound cooked salmon
- 2 - 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, to taste if desired
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean seasoning (I used Weber Mediterranean Herb Seasoning)
Here's how to make it:
1. In a sauté pan, warm the extra virgin olive oil. Add the chopped peppers and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and sauté for 1 more minute.
2. Add the egg whites and Mediterranean seasoning and scramble everything together.
3. Add the salmon and continue to scramble together.
4. Add the Parmesan cheese, if desired.
5. Pat the mixture down until it is flat in the pan, like an omelet. Top with chopped tomatoes and cover pan with a lid for 1 minute, until everything is set and cheese has melted. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Cut into four quarter-portions and serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
Mediterranean Cookbooks $4 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Mediterranean Seasoning $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.