Rosemary Garlic Focaccia Bread Recipe: This Herb Focaccia Recipe Is Surprisingly Easy to Make by 30Seconds Food
Focaccia is a flat Italian bread that's often served as a side dish or used to make sandwiches. This focaccia bread recipe is full of herbs and garlic – and is surprisingly easy to make. You could omit the thyme and just use rosemary, or vice versa.
Prep Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Add the olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary and a few cracks of freshly ground black pepper to a skillet. Cook on low heat until herbs let off their fragrance, about 5 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the yeast, warm water and sugar. Stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of flour along with 1/4 cup of the garlic-herb oil. When just moist, allow the dough to sit for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the flour and salt. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead the dough about 15 times. Put the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- To bake the bread, oil a 13x9-inch high-rimmed baking pan with about 2 tablespoons of the garlic-herb oil. Put the dough onto the baking sheet and press into the pan, using your fingertips to create small indentions in the dough.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the remaining garlic-herb oil on the top of the dough. Let the dough rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
High-rimmed 13x9-inch Baking Pans $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Active Dry Yeast $3 & Up
Dried Rosemary $3 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Sea Salt $3 & Up
Black Pepper in Grinder $4 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.