Easy Peruvian Grilled Street Corn Recipe: A Flavorful Twist on Elote by 30Seconds Food
Similar to Mexican street corn, this easy Peruvian street corn recipe features a spicy pepper sauce. In Peru they would use an aji verde sauce. Aji verde is a Peruvian green hot sauce that's made with cilantro, garlic and aji amarillo, a hot pepper popular in Peru. Because they are hard to find, we've substituted jalapeno peppers.
If you like elote, you will love this flavorful grilled street corn vegetable side. This corn recipe is the perfect side dish to serve with Peruvian chicken. A flavorful Latin dinner is served to your family in no time.
If your family prefers their corn off the cob, simply grill the corn, cut in carefully off the cob then drizzle it with the green pepper sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 4 - 6 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup queso fresco or cotija cheese
- 2 jalapenos (remove ribs and seeds for a less spicy sauce)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
Here's how to make it:
- To make the corn, brush it with olive oil. Put the corn on a preheated indoor grill or outdoor grill and cook, turning often, until it just begins to char, about 10 minutes.
- To make the aji sauce, combine all the ingredients in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve the corn, drizzle with the aji sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Peru Cookbooks $5 & Up
Indoor Grills $25 & Up
Outdoor Grills $30 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.