Smothered Pork Chops Recipe: This Easy Southern Smothered Pork Chop Recipe Is a Charmer by 30Seconds Food
Down south, smothered pork chops are a staple. This easy one-pan smothered pork chops recipe is ready in about 20 minutes. Mushrooms would not be frowned upon in the gravy. Simply cook them after you remove the pork chops.
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth or beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- fresh herbs, for garnish
Here's how to make them:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then cook about 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter and flour to the skillet. Whisk for about 1 minute. Gradually pour in the broth and cream, whisking constantly until smooth. Add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer the sauce until it begins to thicken.
- Put the pork chops back into the skillet. Cook until pork chops are cooked through. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.