This 20-Minute Meatball Sandwich Recipe Is What Everyone Wants for Dinner by 30Seconds Food
November 3 is National Sandwich Day! We think a meatball sandwich is the way to go for sandwich lovers. This delicious, hot sandwich can be on the table in under 20 minutes!
If you start with frozen meatballs, this meatball sandwich recipe is ready in about 15 minutes. Fabulous! It's the perfect filling sandwich for sandwich night or when watching sports with friends and family.
Frozen meatballs and mixed with marinara sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce) and then piled onto hoagie rolls. After topping the saucy meatballs with cheese, they are baked in the oven until hot and melty. You don't have to use frozen meatballs for this meatball sandwich recipe. If you have a favorite homemade meatball recipe, that would make the sandwich even better!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 1 bag frozen meatballs (thawed)
- 1 jar (23 ounces) marinara sauce or your favorite homemade marinara sauce recipe
- provolone or mozzarella cheese
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the hoagie rolls on a baking sheet. Toast in a 425-degree F for about 2 minutes.
- Combine the meatballs and marinara sauce.
- Put the meatballs into the hoagie rolls. Top with the mozzarella or provolone and some Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until meatballs are heated through and cheese has melted. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with any leftover marinara sauce for dipping.
- You don't have to use frozen meatballs for this meatball sandwich recipe. If you have a favorite homemade meatball recipe, that would make the sandwich even better!
- For easier cleanup, cover the baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Try this recipe with ground turkey or chicken meatballs.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 46.7g
Saturated Fat: 19.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 72.9g
Dietary Fiber: 12.9g
Total Sugars: 22.9g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.