Quick & Easy Oyster Dressing Recipe Cooks on the Stovetop by 30Seconds Food
If you're one of those people who grew up eating oyster dressing on Thanksgiving, here's a shortcut oyster stuffing recipe to try. It'll be ready before the turkey is done resting.
Adjust the amounts of sage and poultry seasoning to fit your tastes. If you like a crunchier top, pop it under the broiler for a minute to crisp it up.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or more to taste)
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) dry cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) oysters, drained (reserve liquid)
Here's how to make it:
- In a skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons butter and cook the celery and onion until soft, about 8 to 9 minutes. Stir in the sage and poultry seasoning, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Turn off the heat.
- In a pot, bring the broth, water and butter to a boil. Turn the heat to low and add the cornbread stuffing mix. Stir until the broth has been absorbed.
- Add the oysters and celery-onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well, adding some of the reserved oyster liquid if the mixture is not moist enough. You can serve immediately or pop it under the broiler for a minute if you like a brown top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dried Sage $3 & Up
Poultry Seasoning $3 & Up
Cornbread Stuffing Mix $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Oysters $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.