Easy Oyster Dressing Recipe: This Quick Oyster Stuffing Recipe Cooks on the Stovetop by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or more to taste)
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) dry cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) oysters, drained (reserve liquid)
Here's how to make it:
- In a skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons butter and cook the celery and onion until soft, about 8 to 9 minutes. Stir in the sage and poultry seasoning, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Turn off the heat.
- In a pot, bring the broth, water and butter to a boil. Turn the heat to low and add the cornbread stuffing mix. Stir until the broth has been absorbed.
- Add the oysters and celery-onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well, adding some of the reserved oyster liquid if the mixture is not moist enough. You can serve immediately or pop it under the broiler for a minute if you like a brown top.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dried Sage $3 & Up
Poultry Seasoning $3 & Up
Cornbread Stuffing Mix $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Oysters $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.