This Skillet Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe Frees Up Valuable Space in the Oven on Thanksgiving Day by Gwen Johnson
Sweet potatoes may take third seat on Thanksgiving – but only to the turkey and pumpkin pie! This easy candied sweet potato recipe doesn't require an oven, which we all know is important when cooking a big meal.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Here's how to make them:
- Combine all the ingredients in a skillet. Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook until the liquid gets syrupy, about 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.