Creamy Sweet Potato Hummus Recipe: You'll Be Sweet On This Healthy Savory Hummus Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Step out of the boring hummus rut with this sweet-but-savory sweet potato hummus recipe. This healthy hummus recipe is a creative way to snack.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and liquid reserved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Here's how to make it:
- Bake the sweet potatoes until tender. Cool and remove the flesh. Set aside.
- In a blender, add the chickpeas, olive oil, sweet potato, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest and cumin. Blend until smooth. If hummus is too thick, add a little of the reserved chickpea liquid. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve with fresh vegetables, pita bread, pretzel sticks or use in tortilla roll-ups or in your favorite buddha bowl.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $25 & Up
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Tahini $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Pita Bread $3 & Up
Pretzel Sticks $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.