Sweet Potato Hummus Is a Savory Recipe You'll Be Sweet On by 30Seconds Food
Step out of the boring hummus rut with this sweet-but-savory sweet potato hummus recipe. This healthy recipe is a creative way to start off Thanksgiving dinner.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and liquid reserved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Here's how to make it:
- Bake the sweet potatoes until tender. Cool and remove the flesh. Set aside.
- In a blender, add the chickpeas, olive oil, sweet potato, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest and cumin. Blend until smooth. If hummus is too thick, add a little of the reserved chickpea liquid. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $25 & Up
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Tahini $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Pita Bread $3 & Up
Pretzel Sticks $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.