This Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe Is Worth Coming Down the Chimney For by 30Seconds Food
Hot chocolate in cheesecake form is the way to go this winter and holiday season – and the best treat for Santa! These adorable hot chocolate cheesecakes start with a cookie crust that's topped with a chocolate cheesecake filling. The handles are made out of semisweet chocolate chips. So delicious, fun and easy!
To make these fun Christmas desserts you will need chocolate cookies, butter, cream cheese, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, eggs, semisweet baking chocolate, whipping cream and mini marshmallows. These creamy mini hot chocolate cheesecakes make great holiday food gifts.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- mini marshmallows
- cocoa powder
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Airtight Containers
- Muffin Tins
- Baking Liners
- If you don't have time to pipe out the handles, black licorice string is a good substitute. But the chocolate handles are really easy to make. Just be careful when attaching them so they don't break.
- You can make the hot chocolate cheesecakes and not decorate. Just top with desired toppings. They'll taste just as good!
Here's how to make it:
- For the crust, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of 12 muffin tins that have been lined with baking liners. Bake at 325 degrees F for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- For the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese with the sugar and cocoa powder. Add the eggs and continue to beat on low until just combined. Spoon into the crusts. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the centers are almost set. Remove and cool, then put into the refrigerator until cold, at least 2 hours.
- To make the chocolate handles, cover a workspace with wax paper. Melt the baking chocolate and put into a small plastic zipper bag. Cut the corner off the bag so you can pipe the chocolate into handles on the wax paper. Put into the fridge or freezer to set.
- To make the frosting, beat the whipping cream and sugar together until soft peaks form.
- When ready to serve, remove the baking liners and place the cheesecakes on a serving plate or platter. Spoon some of the frosting onto the top of each cheesecake and then attach a handle. Sprinkle with some cocoa powder and add the mini marshmallows to the top.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 59.1g
Saturated Fat: 36.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 16.3g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4g
Total Sugars: 6.5g
Vitamin D: 6mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.