The Best Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe (It Went Viral for Good Reason) by Donna John
This easy Mississippi pot roast recipe went viral – and for good reason. The savory beef roast recipe takes minutes to throw into a slow cooker and the payoff is a tender roast with a flavor-packed gravy.
Serve this easy pot roast recipe over mashed potatoes or with rice to soak up the gravy (you'll thank us later).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours in a slow cooker
Total Time: 6 to 8 hours and 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6, depending on size of roast
- 1 beef roast
- 1 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package dry au jus mix
- 1/2 - 1 stick butter (depending on the size of the roast)
- 5 - 10 pepperoncini peppers (depending on the size of the roast)
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup liquid from pepperoncini peppers (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the roast into a slow cooker. Sprinkle both sides with the ranch dressing mix and au jus mix. Top with the butter and peppers.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours, depending on how big the roast is.
- Taste the gravy when roast is done. Add some of the pepperoncini liquid if you feel it needs thinning.
- Shred the meat using two forks.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or with white rice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.