Easy Chicken Bolognese Recipe: This Chicken Pasta Recipe Is So Good You'll Pray for Leftovers by Donna John
Light, fresh and filling, this easy chicken Bolognese recipe is ready in about 20 minutes. Because it doesn't contain cream, it reheats perfectly for leftovers. Serve with a salad and crusty bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 12 ounces penne or rigatoni, cooked according to package directions, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, tarragon or thyme (or a combination)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook about 1 minute. Add the ground chicken, red pepper flakes, if using, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until chicken is almost cooked through, breaking it up as you stir, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until it almost evaporates. Pour in the chicken broth along with the lemon zest, Parmesan, herbs and butter. Stir and cook until heated through and well combined.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir, adding a little of the reserved pasta water to loosen, if necessary. Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pasta Bowls $10 & Up
Parmesan Cheese Graters $7 & Up
Penne $2 & Up
Rigatoni $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.