How to Make a Gin & Tonic: How to Make a Classic Gin & Tonic Cocktail by Donna John
Gin and tonic has a very interesting story behind it. Winston Churchill once declared, “The gin and tonic drink has saved more Englishmen’s lives, and minds, than all the doctors in the Empire.” Today, we don't sip on this drink to cure or prevent malaria (read the history!), we sip it because it's refreshing and perfect by the pool on a hot summer day. Here's a basic recipe for a good gin and tonic. Make it your own by adding whatever garnish floats your boat.
- 2 ounces gin
- 3 - 4 ounces tonic water, or to taste
- garnishes: lime wedge, rosemary, cucumber slices, strawberries, black peppercorns, lemon wedge, fresh thyme, cherries, cinnamon stick (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Add the gin then top with the tonic water.
- Garnish as desired. The classic garnish is a lime wedge.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Highball Glasses $6 & Up
Drink Stirrers $4 & Up
Tonic Water $2 & Up
Te Tonic Gin And Tonic Box - 6 Different Flavored Gin Botanicals/Herbs Infusions Bags- Cocktail Infusion Kit $18
Black Peppercorns $2 & Up
Cinnamon Sticks $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.