Zephyr Squash Ribbons Recipe With Almond Salsa Verde Is Almost Too Pretty to Eat by Mee McCormick
The beauty of a summer. garden is that every week we welcome an old friend we’ve not seen since the previous summer to the table. Zephyr squash is beautiful because it looks as if someone tie-dyed the bottom green and the top yellow. It’s mild and delicious.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted blanched almonds (if nut free, replace with pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more (to taste)
- 1 1/4 pounds summer squash or green zucchini, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- To make the salsa verde, combine the almonds, cilantro, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, capers, shallots, garlic and sea salt. Toss until well combined.
- Shave the squash into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the salsa verde. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Drizzle with some extra-virgin olive oil. Makes 6 servings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
My Pinewood Kitchen, A Southern Culinary Cure: 130+ Crazy Delicious, Gluten-Free Recipes to Reduce Inflammation & Make Your Gut Happy $21
Spiralizers $10 & Up
Vegetable Peelers $4 & Up
Blanched Almonds $4 & Up
Pumpkin Seeds $4 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Capers $4 & Up
Sea Salt $3 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.