Easy Shrimp Etouffee Recipe: This Classic Cajun Shrimp Recipe Will Spice Up Dinner In No Time at All by 30Seconds Food
Looking for a bold dinner recipe that has lots of kick? There's nothing shy about this easy shrimp etouffee recipe. It'll walk right up and slap those taste buds (and you'll want to ask for another). Plus, it's ready in only about half an hour.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 4 - 5 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion, peppers, celery and garlic. Cook for about 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle in the flour. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste, Tabasco sauce, water, Cajun seasoning and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through. Serve over rice and garnish with chopped green onion.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Tabasco Sauce $3 & Up
White Rice $3 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.