Clean-Eating Recipes: This Sweet Potato Goulash Will Make You Find Your Soup Pot STAT by 30Seconds Food
What is goulash? "Besides being quite simple to prepare and an interesting name, goulash is a traditional warm stew-like meal consisting of beef and vegetables, then seasoned with paprika. Mmm, paprika!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. Fire up those soup pots and try her easy sweet potato and goulash recipe.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 sprigs of thyme (leaves only), to garnish
Here’s how to make it:
In a large soup pot or a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion. Cook for 5 minutes, breaking apart as it cooks. Drain excess fat.
Add garlic and spices. Cook until meat starts to brown and onion is soft. Stir in broth, sweet potatoes, tomato paste, coconut aminos and bay leaves.
Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and potatoes are tender.
Remove bay leaves. Garnish with thyme and serve.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $15 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Avocado Oil $6 & Up
Organic Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Beef Bone Broth $3 & Up
Coconut Aminos $5 & Up
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Bay Leaves $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.