Casserole Recipes: This Baked Frito Pie Recipe Has a Unique Twist to It by 30Seconds Food
Corn chips in a pie? Oh, heck yes. This baked Frito pie recipe is a little different than most because of the addition of corn and sour cream. Kick it up a notch with some diced jalapeno – if you dare.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups corn chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion. Drain.
- Add the beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Spread 1 cup of the corn chips on the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking dish. Pour the chili mixture over the top. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the sour cream over the top. Cover with the remaining corn chips and cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more. Garnish with green onions before serving.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chili Beans $1 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $1 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Corn Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.