Chicken Alfredo With Vegetables Recipe: Sometimes It's OK to Cut a Few Corners for a Quick Meal by Dawn Taylor
Last night I was pressed for time. Really, really pressed for time, but needed to throw something together that had some nutritional value for my daughters. After a quick trip to the grocery store for a few ingredients, this recipe materialized. It was a hit! This chicken Alfredo recipe was a great alternative to those recipes from scratch when you are in a hurry.
- 3 - 4 thin boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 4 large carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package directions (or your favorite pasta)
Here's how to make it:
- Bake the chicken breasts in a 375-degree F oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While chicken bakes, boil or steam the broccoli and carrots and saute the onions and celery until softened.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce and chicken stock into a large pot. Add the cooked vegetables.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and add it to the pot. Season with the poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the noodles last. Stir to combine and heat through. Done!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Low-Sodium Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Alfredo Sauce $2 & Up
Poultry Seasoning $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Fettuccine $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.