These Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Have a Secret Ingredient by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
Who doesn’t love peanut butter cups? But toss in some flaked coconut and it takes you to another place! Remember Mounds candy bars? These taste like that, but with peanut butter. Making mini, fun-size candies helps you with portion control, and they are perfect for Halloween.
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons natural peanut butter
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl on medium-high heat for about 1 minute. Remove, stir and cook another 30 seconds or until melted. Stir well.
- Place 1 teaspoon of coconut into each of the 12 nonstick mini muffin tin compartments. Pour the melted chocolate into each tin, filling it halfway up.
- Dollop 1/8 teaspoon of peanut butter on top of each candy. Pour the remaining chocolate to fill each one to the top.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer and carefully pop each candy out of the muffin tin. Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired. Makes 12 candies.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dark Chocolate Chips $4 & Up
Coconut Flakes $2 & Up
Natural Peanut Butter $3 & Up
Mini Muffin Tins $6 & Up
Candy Paper Liners $5 & Up
Mounds Candy Bars $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.