3-Ingredient No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Candy Recipe Has a Secret Ingredient by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
Who doesn’t love peanut butter cups? They're a tried and true candy sensation that have withstood the test of time. And, when you make your own homemade peanut butter cups, they taste even better! This simple no-bake candy recipe is one you'll want to put on repeat.
But I have a secret ingredient that takes my homemade peanut butter cups recipe up another notch. I toss in some flaked coconut, and it takes this homemade peanut butter cups recipe to another place! Remember Mounds candy bars? These chocolate dessert cups taste like that, but with peanut butter.
Making mini, fun-size candies helps you with portion control, too. This no-bake dessert recipe takes only a few minutes of prep and is perfect for the holidays or anytime!
Prep Time: 2 to 3 hours to freeze
Cook Time: 2 to 5 minutes
Total Time: 2 to 3 hours
Servings: Makes about 12
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons natural peanut butter
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl on medium-high heat for about 1 minute. Remove, stir and cook another 30 seconds or until melted. Stir well.
- Place 1 teaspoon of coconut into each of the 12 nonstick mini muffin tin compartments. Pour the melted chocolate into each tin, filling it halfway up.
- Dollop 1/8 teaspoon of peanut butter on top of each candy. Pour the remaining chocolate to fill each one to the top.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours. Remove from freezer and carefully pop each candy out of the muffin tin. Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dark Chocolate Chips $4 & Up
Coconut Flakes $2 & Up
Natural Peanut Butter $3 & Up
Mini Muffin Tins $6 & Up
Candy Paper Liners $5 & Up
Mounds Candy Bars $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.