Blueberry Brownie Energy Bites Recipe: Tell Fatigue "Not Today" With This Nutritious Fruit Brownie Bite Snack by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Second's Resident Chef
Need a healthy pick-me-up throughout your busy day? How about a nutritious fruit brownie? Seriously. Pop a couple of these moist blueberry brownie energy bites to give you a boost. To change up this snack, try making these energy balls into squares instead, and try a different type of nut. They make a healthy dessert, too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes plus 30 minutes to chill
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted
- 10 whole Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 2/3 cup almond butter or sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 2 tablespoons water or unfiltered apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the hazelnuts on a small rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool nuts and rub off skins in between the palms of your hand. Reserve 20 hazelnuts. Pulse remaining hazelnuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse dates and dried blueberries until it's like a paste. Add almond butter, cocoa, water, vanilla and salt. Process until well combined. Turn mixture out into a bowl and divide into 20 equal portions.
- Roll each portion around one whole toasted nut to form a ball. Roll each ball in the chopped hazelnuts to coat. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Whole Hazelnuts $7 & Up
Medjool dates $8 & Up
Dried Blueberries $5 & Up
Almond Butter $6 & Up
Sunflower Butter $5 & Up
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Kosher Salt $5 & Up
Not Today Shirts $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.