Blueberry Brownie Energy Bites Recipe: Tell Fatigue "Not Today" With This Healthy Brownie Snack by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes plus 30 minutes to chill
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted
- 10 whole Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 2/3 cup almond butter or sunflower butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 2 tablespoons water or unfiltered apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the hazelnuts on a small rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool nuts and rub off skins in between the palms of your hand. Reserve 20 hazelnuts. Pulse remaining hazelnuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse dates and dried blueberries until it's like a paste. Add almond butter, cocoa, water, vanilla and salt. Process until well combined. Turn mixture out into a bowl and divide into 20 equal portions.
- Roll each portion around one whole toasted nut to form a ball. Roll each ball in the chopped hazelnuts to coat. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Whole Hazelnuts $7 & Up
Medjool dates $8 & Up
Dried Blueberries $5 & Up
Almond Butter $6 & Up
Sunflower Butter $5 & Up
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Kosher Salt $5 & Up
Not Today Shirts $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.