Creamy Macaroni & Cheese: This Easy Recipe Is Quick & Kid Friendly by Dawn Taylor
My kids love mac and cheese, but I was finding the convenience versions so full of salt and additives that I started making my own homemade version. It is so easy, takes 15 minutes and does not involve baking or heating the cheeses and milk. My kids love this macaroni and cheese recipe and it takes no time at all!
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 - 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese (I use the shaker kind)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cream cheese into a casserole dish so it softens while you boil the macaroni.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions (I cook it about 10 minutes). Rinse and drain well, then pour it into the casserole dish.
- Stir the cream cheese and macaroni together until well blended.
- Add butter, milk and shredded cheese. (Add these ingredients a little at a time so you can adjust the amounts to your preference.) Mix well.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and a little salt and pepper. Done!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Parmesan Cheese $3 & Up
Casserole Dishes $7 & Up
The Mac + Cheese Cookbook: 50 Simple Recipes from Homeroom, America's Favorite Mac and Cheese Restaurant $13
Mac + Cheese 300 $15
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.