Healthy Soup Recipes: Vegan Green Goodness Soup Is So Nutritious, You May Glow From the Inside Out by Elisa All Schmitz 30Seconds
Many of us are looking for easy ways to add more nutrition to our diets. Whether we want to lose weight or avoid disease, what we put into our bodies can help make a huge difference in our health.
Because of their high content of nutrients and antioxidants, green leafy vegetables may be one of the best cancer-preventing foods. According to the USDA, studies have shown that eating 2 to 3 servings of these greens each week may lower the risk of stomach cancer, breast cancer and skin cancer. These same antioxidants also have been proven to reduce the risk of heart disease.
This easy, savory recipe for greens-laden soup came my way via Roxanne DeFord, a holistic health coach specializing in dietary and lifestyle changes to heal and improve health, affiliated with the Heartland Spa in Lake Geneva, Wis. Her focus is on raw and gluten-free foods to help with overall wellness.
This soup is so delicious, you may enjoy it even if you're not a fan of leafy greens. Seriously!
- 1 apple
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 handfuls of greens (spinach, parsley, cilantro, chard, dandelion, beet greens)
- 1/2 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (bitter greens need more lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
- 1/2 cup soaked goji berries (soak in water while making soup, then strain – you can use the soak water for tea)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine everything except goji berries in a good blender (such as a Vitamix) and blend until smooth. If you don't have a Vitamix, pour into a pot to heat.
- Add goji berries before serving.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Garlic Salt $2 & Up
Goji Berries $5 & Up
Blenders $15 & Up
Soup Cookbooks $4 & Up
Vegan Cookbooks $4 & Up
Vitamix $250 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.