Slow Cooker Beans & Sausage: This Easy Recipe Is Cornbread's Best Friend by Gwen Johnson
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag (1 pound) pinto beans or white beans, rinsed well
- 1 box (32 ounces) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Here’s how to make it:
- Add the sausage to a skillet and brown on both sides. Remove to a slow cooker.
- To the same skillet, add the onion and garlic. Cook until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Pour the onion and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high heat for about 7-8 hours or until beans are tender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dried Pinto Beans $2 & Up
Dried White Beans $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $2 & Up
Vegetable Broth $3 & Up
Dried Rosemary $3 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Crock Pots $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.