Molasses Crinkle Cookies Are an Old-Fashioned Christmas Favorite by Gigi Gaggero
Bet your grandma has a recipe for molasses crinkle cookies somewhere. These old-fashioned favorites will add some nostalgia to your Christmas cookie tray.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup coarse white sugar
Here's how to make them:
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves and allspice. Combine well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or with your electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating well.
- Add the egg and the molasses. Continue to beat until incorporated.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed until blended. Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll them in the sugar. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the tops crack and set. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.