Spread This 3-Ingredient Apple Butter Recipe on Your Biscuits by 30Seconds Food
Nothing is more at home on a biscuit – besides butter – than this easy slow-cooked apple butter recipe. This easy apple butter recipe has just three ingredients (not including the salt!) and cooks itself while you do other things – like making homemade biscuits.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 hours
Total Time: 10 minutes and 12 hours
- 5 - 5 1/2 pounds apples, peeled and chopped fine
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 - 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the apples in a slow cooker. Add the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Cook on high for about 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for about 9 to 10 hours, or until thick and dark brown. Stir occasionally.
- Take the lid off the slow cooker and cook an additional hour.
- When done, still vigorously with a wooden spoon. Pour into jars, cool and store in the refrigerator.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.