Mamma Mia Panzanella Salad Recipe: This Healthy Tuscan Bread & Tomato Salad Recipe Is Delicious by 30Seconds Food
More and more research is pointing to the Mediterranean diet being a healthy (and delicious!) way to lose weight. Since this recipe for panzanella from The Mamma Mia! Diet by Paola Lovisetti Scamihorn calls for tuna canned in olive oil, no other oil is needed.
If you use tuna canned in water, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. You can substitute Tuscan bread with other hearty Italian breads.
Prep Time: 10 minutes and 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 7 ounces Tuscan bread or whole-grain bread, cut into small pieces
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 ounces canned tuna in olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 12 fresh basil leaves
Here’s how to make it:
- In a big bowl place the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and season with salt and pepper. Add bread, vinegar and water. Toss all the ingredients together. The bread should be wet but not soggy. Break it up with a fork.
- Add the tuna and mix well. Taste and add more salt, pepper and vinegar, if necessary. Tear in basil and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve cold.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.