Red Beans & Rice Recipe: This New Orleans Red Beans & Rice Recipe Is Better (and Faster!) Than Popeye's by 30Seconds Food
Don't drive to that fast food fried chicken joint the next time you're craving red beans and rice. This easy recipe is ready in about 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage or andouille sausage, cut into rounds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ground cayenne, to taste
- 3 cups water
- 2 - 3 cups cooked white rice
- Tabasco sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the sausage, onion and pepper. Cook until sausage is brown, about 5 minutes. Add the beans, bay leaves, thyme, cayenne and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves. Take about one-third of the beans out of the pot and mash with a fork. Return to the pot and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over the cooked rice with Tabasco sauce on the side.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Tabasco Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.