Mashed Cinnamon Honey Carrots Recipe: A 15-Minute Side Dish Recipe for Your Thanksgiving Meal by Samantha Aleman
Tired of the same old starchy side dishes? You don't have to be with these mashed cinnamon honey carrots. Packed full of vitamins A, C and K plus fiber and potassium, they'll be sure to make their way into your holiday or year-round menu rotation!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings 8 to 10
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled, if desired and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon first and increase as needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the carrots for approximately 15 minutes or until soft. Strain.
- Place carrots into a large mixing bowl and roughly mash with a potato masher.
- Add butter, honey and lemon juice. Mash carrots once more. (If you want the carrots to be super smooth, you'll need to use a food processor).
- Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Serve immediately.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Potato Mashers $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.