Mashed Cinnamon Honey Carrots: A Delicious Side Dish for Your Easter Menu! by Samantha Aleman
Tired of the same old starchy side dishes? You don't have to be with these mashed cinnamon honey carrots. Packed full of vitamins A, C and K plus fiber and potassium, they'll be sure to make their way into your year-round menu rotation!
- 2 pounds carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon first and increase as needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Here's how to make it:
- Peel the carrots and cut into 1-inch pieces. Boil for approximately 15 minutes or until soft. Strain.
- Place carrots into a large mixing bowl and roughly mash with a potato masher.
- Add butter, honey and lemon juice. Mash carrots once more. (If you want the carrots to be super smooth, you'll need to use a food processor).
- Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Serve immediately.