Easy Baked Creamed Spinach Recipe: Shut Your Eyes & You Will Think You're at a Steakhouse by 30Seconds Food
Think you can only get amazing creamed spinach at a steakhouse? Think again! This cheesy, creamy spinach casserole recipe can be made any day of the week. For us, Wednesday works, or Monday or Tuesday or...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 5 boxes (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated white cheddar, yellow cheddar or Gruyere cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the onions and cook until soft and beginning to lightly brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Pour in the cream and milk. Cook until thickened.
- Add the spinach and half of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish or into individual ramekins. Top with the remaining Parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and beginning to brown on top.
Note: Not cooking for a crowd? Cut the recipe in half.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.