Blueberry Muffins: You’ll Never Want to Make Them From a Box Again! by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
a year ago
My family loves these blueberry muffins! They never last long in our house!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin pan with liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup (about 1/3 cup). Mix this with flour mixture.
- Add blueberries and stir until smooth. Fill muffin cups and sprinkle crumb topping on top.
- To make crumb topping, mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.