Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup Recipe: An Absolutely Delicious Soup Recipe by Donna John
Who doesn't love jalapeno poppers? This jalapeno popper chicken soup recipe takes those flavors and turns them into a thick, flavorful soup! You may be leery about adding four jalapenos, but trust me, the soup is not overly spicy at all. Add 'em!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large jalapenos, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper or poblano pepper, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 - 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 4 - 5 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the jalapenos, onion and pepper in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the corn, cooked chicken, cooked bacon, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and a little parsley. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Add the cream and slowly heat through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note: If you use a poblano instead of a bell pepper, the soup will be spicier.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.