This Sweet Potato Pie Recipe Takes It Up a Notch With a Crunchy Sugar Topping by 30Seconds Food
a year ago
Everyone has their own version of sweet potato pie. This recipe has a sugar topping that adds a crunch factor. You can't go wrong with that.
- 1 1/2 cups pureed, cooked sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup sugar (divided)
- 1/2 stick butter, at room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup evaporated canned milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 unbaked pie shell
Here’s how to make it:
- Beat the sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup of the sugar, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt with an electric mixer. Pour into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 300-degree F oven for about 1 hour.