Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole Will Make You Ask, Mac Who? by 30Seconds Food
Macaroni and cheese, move over, there's a new side dish in town this Thanksgiving. Even those guests who don't like cauliflower will have a hard time resisting this easy cheesy casserole.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar, Gruyere or American cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Steam the cauliflower until just tender, about 10 minutes. Pour into a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly pour in milk, whisking, until combined. Bring to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Season with black pepper, to taste.
- Pour the cheese over the cauliflower. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven about 30 minutes.