Hungarian Goulash Recipe: An Easy Comfort Food Recipe to Warm You Up by 30Seconds Food
Goulash is a rich meat stew seasoned with paprika that originated in Hungary. It's a comfort food perfect for those cold, winter nights.
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook until soft. Remove and set aside.
- Combine the paprika mixture and beef. Mix well. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the same Dutch oven and cook beef until browned on all sides.
- Add the onions, tomato paste, water and garlic. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook on low heat, covered, about 2 hours. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve over noodles, potatoes or rice.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Real Stew: 300 Recipes for Authentic Home-Cooked Cassoulet, Gumbo, Chili, Curry, Minestrone, Bouillabaise, Stroganoff, Goulash, Chowder and Much More $45
Hungarian Paprika $5 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.