Decadent Chocolate Pancake Recipe With 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Will Win Hearts by 30Seconds Food
Chocolate pancakes drizzled with a simple hot chocolate sauce takes breakfast or brunch to a whole new level – especially on Valentine's Day. Heck, you could even serve this decadent cocoa pancake recipe for dessert (just add a dollop of homemade whipped cream).
The rich pancake batter is made with flour, buttermilk, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, eggs, butter, chocolate chips and a pinch of salt. The pancakes cook on a griddle until cooked through. Serve the hot pancakes with the simple two-ingredient chocolate sauce made with milk and chocolate chips. That's it. So rich and indulgent.
No one will be disappointed seeing a stack of these homemade chocolate pancakes on the breakfast or brunch table. You could even make some extra and freeze for a quick breakfast later.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- fresh berries, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- To make the chocolate sauce, heat the milk in a small pot or in the microwave until hot. Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- For the pancakes, combine all the pancake ingredients and stir until combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear. Flip and continue to cook until cooked through. Serve hot with the chocolate sauce and fresh berries, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Griddles $19 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Baking Soda $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Chocolate Bars $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.