Gettin' Freaky With Tzatziki: This Easy Tzatziki Recipe Will Be Your New BFF by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
Tzatziki (taet-zeek-key) is a sauce or dip made with a combination of cucumber, fresh yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice or vinegar and fresh herbs. It’s so delicious and refreshing! Use it on everything – from a dip for raw vegetables or pita bread to a salad dressing or side for grilled meat.
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber, unpeeled, grated and set to drain (or rush the process by tossing in 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
Here’s how to make it:
- Squeeze excess liquid from cucumber and wash off salt residue. Squeeze dry using a clean kitchen towel.
- Add prepared cucumber to a small bowl and combine with the yogurt, garlic, oil, lemon juice, salt and white pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or as long as you can.
- Remove from refrigerator and add chopped fresh dill to the mixture. Stir to combine. Check and adjust seasoning.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
Himalayan Sea Salt $4 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.